Beastie Boys memoir scheduled for 2015
NEW YORK (AP) - The Beastie Boys want it all on the record.
The iconic hip-hop group has a deal with Spiegel & Grau, an imprint of Random House Inc., for an illustrated oral history. The currently untitled book is scheduled for fall 2015. Spiegel & Grau says the book will track the band's rise from its high school years in New York City to its induction in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012. The publisher says "world-famous writers and cultural figures" will be interviewed for the project.
The book will be organized by surviving band members Michael Diamond (Mike D) and Adam Horovitz (Ad-Rock) with the help of hip-hop writer and editor Sacha Jenkins. Adam Yauch (MCA) died last year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.