Beastie Boys memoir scheduled for 2015
NEW YORK (AP) - The Beastie Boys want it all on the record.
The iconic hip-hop group has a deal with Spiegel & Grau, an imprint of Random House Inc., for an illustrated oral history. The currently untitled book is scheduled for fall 2015. Spiegel & Grau says the book will track the band's rise from its high school years in New York City to its induction in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012. The publisher says "world-famous writers and cultural figures" will be interviewed for the project.
The book will be organized by surviving band members Michael Diamond (Mike D) and Adam Horovitz (Ad-Rock) with the help of hip-hop writer and editor Sacha Jenkins. Adam Yauch (MCA) died last year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.