Hip-hop producer AraabMUZIK is shot, hospitalized
(AP) - Abraham Orellana, the hip-hop producer known as AraabMUZIK, has been shot and is hospitalized.
Orellana's publicist said in a statement late Thursday that he is "currently alive and well" after being shot Wednesday night, noting he was in the wrong place at the wrong time while hanging out with friends. Police are investigating.
The statement said he was in his neighborhood when he was shot, but didn't specify a city. Orellana's hometown is Providence, R.I.
The producer's manager, George Moore, a record label executive and producer known as DukeDaGod posted on Twitter a picture of Orellana in a hospital bed Thursday with the words: "Everyone wish my brother (at)araabmuzik a healthy & pleasant recovery!!!!"
The statement said Orellana appreciates fan support and "Araab is looking forward to a speedy recovery and returning to the stage as soon as he can."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.