Depeche Mode, Cure, Muse top ACL Fest lineup
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Depeche Mode, The Cure, Muse- this year's expanded Austin City Limits Festival will feature something of a European invasion with five of eight headliners at least partially coming from across the Atlantic Ocean.
Also among the list of headlining performers announced Tuesday were Atoms For Peace, Phoenix, Lionel Richie and Wilco.
The festival in Austin, Texas, expands to two weekends this year, Oct. 4-6 and 11-13, at Zilker Park. Three-day passes go on sale Tuesday.
D'Angelo, Queens of the Stone Age, fun., Kendrick Lamar, Tame Impala and Justin Vernon's other band, The Shouting Matches, also are on the schedule, along with a selection of Austin bands that includes The Black Angels, Okkervil River and Court Yard Hounds.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.