As I Lay Dying singer admits seeking wife's murder
VISTA, Calif. (AP) - The lead singer of Grammy-nominated metal band As I Lay Dying has pleaded guilty to trying to hire someone to kill his estranged wife.
Timothy Lambesis pleaded guilty to one count of solicitation of murder Tuesday in Vista Superior Court, near San Diego. He remains free on bond until his sentencing, which is set for May 2.
Prosecutors say the 32-year-old singer was recorded telling an undercover agent that he wanted his wife killed. He allegedly told a man at his gym that she was making it difficult for him to see their children and impossible to complete their divorce.
As I Lay Dying formed in San Diego in 2000 and has released six albums, including 2007's "An Ocean Between Us," which reached No. 8 on Billboard's charts.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.