Paul McCartney kicks off "Out There" tour in US
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Paul McCartney is kicking off the North American leg of his "Out There" tour in Orlando.
The massive production, which requires 31 trucks' worth of equipment, includes lasers, huge pyrotechnics, and state of the art video displays, according to the website of the former Beatles star.
McCartney performed the show to a sold-out crowd of 55,000 people in Brazil earlier this month, performing "Band on the Run", "Hey Jude", "Yesterday" and "Let It Be."
He will perform at Orlando's Amway Center on Saturday and Sunday night. The Orlando Sentinel reports it is McCartney's only performance in Florida.
At one point during the show, McCartney is raised 20ft above the stage on a special riser as he performs "Blackbird" and "Here Today" acoustically, according to his website.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.