Paul McCartney kicks off "Out There" tour in US
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Paul McCartney is kicking off the North American leg of his "Out There" tour in Orlando.
The massive production, which requires 31 trucks' worth of equipment, includes lasers, huge pyrotechnics, and state of the art video displays, according to the website of the former Beatles star.
McCartney performed the show to a sold-out crowd of 55,000 people in Brazil earlier this month, performing "Band on the Run", "Hey Jude", "Yesterday" and "Let It Be."
He will perform at Orlando's Amway Center on Saturday and Sunday night. The Orlando Sentinel reports it is McCartney's only performance in Florida.
At one point during the show, McCartney is raised 20ft above the stage on a special riser as he performs "Blackbird" and "Here Today" acoustically, according to his website.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.