Paul McCartney kicks off "Out There" tour in US
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Paul McCartney is kicking off the North American leg of his "Out There" tour in Orlando.
The massive production, which requires 31 trucks' worth of equipment, includes lasers, huge pyrotechnics, and state of the art video displays, according to the website of the former Beatles star.
McCartney performed the show to a sold-out crowd of 55,000 people in Brazil earlier this month, performing "Band on the Run", "Hey Jude", "Yesterday" and "Let It Be."
He will perform at Orlando's Amway Center on Saturday and Sunday night. The Orlando Sentinel reports it is McCartney's only performance in Florida.
At one point during the show, McCartney is raised 20ft above the stage on a special riser as he performs "Blackbird" and "Here Today" acoustically, according to his website.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.