Reggae star sues Va. groups after bottle injury
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Grammy-winning reggae musician Frederick "Toots" Hibbert is suing several organizations after he was injured during a May concert in Richmond.
Hibbert has filed the $20 million lawsuit in Richmond Circuit Court against Venture Richmond and Metropolitan Richmond Sports Backers Inc.
The suit also names security-provider Regional Marketing Concepts Inc. and another company that provided concessions for the concert.
The leader of Toots and the Maytals was struck in the head with a tossed vodka bottle while he performed on Brown's Island in the James River. After suffering a deep head cut, Hibbert canceled the remaining dates on his tour and returned to Jamaica.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch reports ( http://bit.ly/17he7Ty) that Venture Richmond objected on Monday to the allegation of negligence, saying the teen charged is solely responsible.
Information from: Richmond Times-Dispatch, http://www.timesdispatch.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.