NBC to air Blake Shelton's benefit for Oklahomans
(AP) - NBC and sister networks will air Blake Shelton's concert to help his fellow Oklahomans affected by this week's storms in their home state.
Shelton's "Healing in the Heartland" benefit will be broadcast live as a telethon by NBC on May 29, at 9 p.m. EDT. It will also air on cable networks Style, G4, Bravo, E! and CMT on either a live or delayed basis.
Joining Shelton in performing will be Grammy Award-winning artists Miranda Lambert, Reba and Vince Gill. Additional guests will be announced shortly, NBC said Friday. The concert will originate from Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City.
This week's disaster devastated Moore, Okla., and killed 24 people Monday.
Shelton, a resident of nearby Ada, announced plans for the benefit after Tuesday's episode of "The Voice."
Separately, singer Carrie Underwood has said she is donating $1 million in proceeds from her recent Blown Away Tour to the Red Cross for disaster relief. Underwood grew up in Checotah, Okla.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.