NBC to air Blake Shelton's benefit for Oklahomans
(AP) - NBC and sister networks will air Blake Shelton's concert to help his fellow Oklahomans affected by this week's storms in their home state.
Shelton's "Healing in the Heartland" benefit will be broadcast live as a telethon by NBC on May 29, at 9 p.m. EDT. It will also air on cable networks Style, G4, Bravo, E! and CMT on either a live or delayed basis.
Joining Shelton in performing will be Grammy Award-winning artists Miranda Lambert, Reba and Vince Gill. Additional guests will be announced shortly, NBC said Friday. The concert will originate from Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City.
This week's disaster devastated Moore, Okla., and killed 24 people Monday.
Shelton, a resident of nearby Ada, announced plans for the benefit after Tuesday's episode of "The Voice."
Separately, singer Carrie Underwood has said she is donating $1 million in proceeds from her recent Blown Away Tour to the Red Cross for disaster relief. Underwood grew up in Checotah, Okla.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.