McCartney leaves pick on 1st visit to Graceland
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Paul McCartney made his first visit to the one-time home of the King of Rock `N' Roll and left a gift behind.
According to the official Twitter account of the former Beatle, McCartney dropped a personal guitar pick on Elvis Presley's grave and said it was "so Elvis can play in heaven."
The lifelong Elvis fan toured Graceland, the Memphis mansion, on Sunday.
He was in Memphis to play a show on the North American leg of his "Out There" tour.
The show at FedExForum marked McCartney's first visit to the city in two decades.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.