Billy Ray Cyrus, wife call off divorce again
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Country musician Billy Ray Cyrus and his wife are calling off their divorce proceedings for a second time.
Tish Finley Cyrus filed for a divorce last month in Los Angeles, citing irreconcilable differences. But in a statement provided by their publicist on Monday, the couple said they are working on their relationship in therapy.
"We both woke up and realized we love each other and decided we want to stay together," they said.
It said couples therapy after 22 years of being together brought them closer and "really opened up our communication in amazing ways."
It was the couple's second divorce attempt after Billy Ray Cyrus, who rose to fame in 1992 with the hit song "Achy Breaky Heart," filed for divorce in 2010 but he later withdrew the petition.
The two got married in December 1993 and have three children together, including actress-musician Miley Cyrus.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.