Billy Ray Cyrus, wife call off divorce again
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Country musician Billy Ray Cyrus and his wife are calling off their divorce proceedings for a second time.
Tish Finley Cyrus filed for a divorce last month in Los Angeles, citing irreconcilable differences. But in a statement provided by their publicist on Monday, the couple said they are working on their relationship in therapy.
"We both woke up and realized we love each other and decided we want to stay together," they said.
It said couples therapy after 22 years of being together brought them closer and "really opened up our communication in amazing ways."
It was the couple's second divorce attempt after Billy Ray Cyrus, who rose to fame in 1992 with the hit song "Achy Breaky Heart," filed for divorce in 2010 but he later withdrew the petition.
The two got married in December 1993 and have three children together, including actress-musician Miley Cyrus.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.