Billy Ray Cyrus, wife call off divorce again
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Country musician Billy Ray Cyrus and his wife are calling off their divorce proceedings for a second time.
Tish Finley Cyrus filed for a divorce last month in Los Angeles, citing irreconcilable differences. But in a statement provided by their publicist on Monday, the couple said they are working on their relationship in therapy.
"We both woke up and realized we love each other and decided we want to stay together," they said.
It said couples therapy after 22 years of being together brought them closer and "really opened up our communication in amazing ways."
It was the couple's second divorce attempt after Billy Ray Cyrus, who rose to fame in 1992 with the hit song "Achy Breaky Heart," filed for divorce in 2010 but he later withdrew the petition.
The two got married in December 1993 and have three children together, including actress-musician Miley Cyrus.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.