Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 3:10 pm
Charges dropped against Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey
Carey was facing misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct charges stemming from an alleged domestic violence incident in December involving his ex-girlfriend.
The Tucson City Prosecutor's Office issued a statement Friday saying it was dismissing all charges against Carey.
The statement said that ``a key witness for the prosecution is unavailable and even if the witness were available, there is no substantial likelihood that a judge would convict Mr. Carey.''
As a sophomore for the Wildcats last season, Carey led the nation in yards rushing with 1,929 and set a school record with 23 touchdowns.
He nearly became the 16th running back in NCAA history to reach 2,000 yards in a season.
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.