Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 3:10 pm
Charges dropped against Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey
Carey was facing misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct charges stemming from an alleged domestic violence incident in December involving his ex-girlfriend.
The Tucson City Prosecutor's Office issued a statement Friday saying it was dismissing all charges against Carey.
The statement said that ``a key witness for the prosecution is unavailable and even if the witness were available, there is no substantial likelihood that a judge would convict Mr. Carey.''
As a sophomore for the Wildcats last season, Carey led the nation in yards rushing with 1,929 and set a school record with 23 touchdowns.
He nearly became the 16th running back in NCAA history to reach 2,000 yards in a season.
- Arizona coach Rodriguez praises 'unflappable' Anu Solomon
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.