Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 10:02 am
Wildcats boast easiest non-conference football schedule
According to CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman, Rich Rodriguez's team has the softest non-conference schedule in the land.
Year Two of the Rich Rod Era sees the Wildcats face two of their three non-conference opponents coming off eight-win seasons, but it's FCS Northern Arizona and Texas-San Antonio, which lost its other four games by at least 20. Arizona's other non-con game is on the road but it's at UNLV, which was 2-11 last season.
Last season, Arizona's non-conference schedule included Toledo, Oklahoma State and South Carolina State -- all at home, with Arizona winning all three games. Including Pac-12 play they faced five top-25 teams, and they went 2-3 in those contests.
Along with their three non-conference games, the Wildcats will also square off with Pac-12 foes Utah, UCLA, Washington State and Oregon at home, along with Washington, USC, Colorado, California and Arizona State on the road.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.