Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 10:02 am
Wildcats boast easiest non-conference football schedule
According to CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman, Rich Rodriguez's team has the softest non-conference schedule in the land.
Year Two of the Rich Rod Era sees the Wildcats face two of their three non-conference opponents coming off eight-win seasons, but it's FCS Northern Arizona and Texas-San Antonio, which lost its other four games by at least 20. Arizona's other non-con game is on the road but it's at UNLV, which was 2-11 last season.
Last season, Arizona's non-conference schedule included Toledo, Oklahoma State and South Carolina State -- all at home, with Arizona winning all three games. Including Pac-12 play they faced five top-25 teams, and they went 2-3 in those contests.
Along with their three non-conference games, the Wildcats will also square off with Pac-12 foes Utah, UCLA, Washington State and Oregon at home, along with Washington, USC, Colorado, California and Arizona State on the road.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Three ways Arizona beats ASU, three ways the Wildcats lose to the Sun Devils
- A Wildcat remembers his favorite memories of the Territorial Cup
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.