Updated Jun 19, 2013 - 11:26 am
Running back Carey ranked as top-25 player in college football
So, it's not surprising that Matt Hayes of Sporting News ranked the Wildcat as the 20th-best player in college football.
The nation's leading rusher thrived in coach Rich Rodriguez's spread option offense; his slashing style leading Rodriguez to compare him to former West Virginia great Steve Slaton.
Carey helped lead the Wildcats to an 8-5 mark in Rich Rodriguez's first year with the team, and figures to have an even greater role in 2013.
Carey is one of seven Pac-12 players to make the list, which also includes USC receiver Marqise Lee (2nd), ASU defensive tackle Will Sutton (6th), UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr (8th), Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota (14th), Oregon running back De'Anthony Thomas (22nd) and UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley (23rd).
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.