Updated Jun 19, 2013 - 11:26 am
Running back Carey ranked as top-25 player in college football
So, it's not surprising that Matt Hayes of Sporting News ranked the Wildcat as the 20th-best player in college football.
The nation's leading rusher thrived in coach Rich Rodriguez's spread option offense; his slashing style leading Rodriguez to compare him to former West Virginia great Steve Slaton.
Carey helped lead the Wildcats to an 8-5 mark in Rich Rodriguez's first year with the team, and figures to have an even greater role in 2013.
Carey is one of seven Pac-12 players to make the list, which also includes USC receiver Marqise Lee (2nd), ASU defensive tackle Will Sutton (6th), UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr (8th), Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota (14th), Oregon running back De'Anthony Thomas (22nd) and UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley (23rd).
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.