Updated Jun 24, 2013 - 3:56 pm
Red Hot Chili Peppers lead singer Anthony Kiedis choked by security guard
The altercation occurred as Kiedis and an accompanying woman approached the hotel, where the singer was staying for the night. A security guard wearing a black suit confronted the singer, who immediately escalated the situation by shouting and, later, shoving the guard backward.
A nearby paparazzi caught the incident on video and the hotel later released a statement saying the man who choked Kiedis was not an employee of the hotel.
Kiedis issued a simple statement about the melee: "I love the Rolling Stones."
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.