Demi Lovato nixes Philadelphia Fourth of July gig
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Demi Lovato is a no-go for Philadelphia's Fourth of July show.
City officials say Lovato has canceled her appearance at Thursday's annual free concert because of strep throat. She's being replaced on the bill by 22-year-old country singer Hunter Hayes.
Desiree Peterkin-Bell, a city spokeswoman, says officials are sad that Lovato can't play but are glad to have Hayes, adding he's that he's "one of the biggest stars in country music right now."
Lovato tweeted Wednesday that "I can't sleep cause my throat hurts!!!"
The city's annual Independence Day concert will also feature John Mayer, Ne-Yo and J. Cole along with hometown hosts The Roots. Other performers will include Philadelphia-born singer Jill Scott, as well as Grace Potter and Ben Taylor.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.