Demi Lovato nixes Philadelphia Fourth of July gig
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Demi Lovato is a no-go for Philadelphia's Fourth of July show.
City officials say Lovato has canceled her appearance at Thursday's annual free concert because of strep throat. She's being replaced on the bill by 22-year-old country singer Hunter Hayes.
Desiree Peterkin-Bell, a city spokeswoman, says officials are sad that Lovato can't play but are glad to have Hayes, adding he's that he's "one of the biggest stars in country music right now."
Lovato tweeted Wednesday that "I can't sleep cause my throat hurts!!!"
The city's annual Independence Day concert will also feature John Mayer, Ne-Yo and J. Cole along with hometown hosts The Roots. Other performers will include Philadelphia-born singer Jill Scott, as well as Grace Potter and Ben Taylor.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.