Beyonce gains stepmother as father gets married
NEW YORK (AP) - Beyonce has a stepmother.
Her father and former manager, Mathew Knowles, got married last Sunday. His representative told The Associated Press on Friday that he has wed former model Gena Charmaine Avery in Houston, Texas. The pair had been engaged for a year and a half.
The 48-year-old Avery is a realtor. The 61-year-old Knowles guided his daughter to superstardom with the group Destiny's Child and later in her solo career; she released her father as her manager in 2011.
Knowles, head of Music World Entertainment, still manages several gospel acts including Grammy-winner Le'Andria Johnson.
Knowles and Beyonce's mother, Tina, divorced in 2011 after 31 years of marriage and two children- Beyonce and her sister, fellow singer Solange.
Follow Nekesa Mumbi Moody at http://www.twitter.com/nekesamumbi
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.