Elton John at iTunes fest: 'Magical to be alive'
LONDON (AP) - Sir Elton John showed the iTunes generation just how it's done.
Sporting a sequin-encrusted tailcoat, the five-time Grammy award winner gave a slick, flamboyant performance Thursday night at the iTunes Festival in London, mixing new material with longtime crowd pleasers including "Rocket Man," "I'm Still Standing" and "Tiny Dancer."
Following a recent health scare with appendicitis, the 66-year-old musician told the crowd "this is a magical time to be alive."
He says "I love music now more than I ever did."
He also gave a shout out to singer Harry Styles in the audience, saying "I love One Direction!"- before closing with "Your Song," a tribute to his partner David Furnish.
John's new album, "The Diving Board," is being released Sept. 24.
The iTunes Festival continues until Sept. 30.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.