In Seattle, Paul McCartney is joined by Nirvana
SEATTLE (AP) - In Nirvana's hometown, former members of the defining grunge band reunited to join Paul McCartney on stage.
Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic joined the former Beatle before 47,000 fans at Safeco Field during Friday's concert. Guitarist Pat Smear, who played with Nirvana for a tour and an album, also joined the group on stage.
There were no Nirvana songs played though. The group covered Beatles songs and played "Cut Me Some Slack," which it debuted during a benefit concert for Hurricane Sandy relief last year.
McCartney told the adoring crowd that he was in the middle of a "Nirvana reunion."
Later in the day, Novoselic tweeted, "Thank you (at)PaulMcCartney for a great show and for having us play with you all."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.