Ocean cancels Australian shows due to vocal tear
NEW YORK (AP) - Frank Ocean is canceling the rest of his Australian live shows because of a tear on his vocal cords.
Live Nation posted on its Facebook page early Friday that the Grammy winner was told by doctors to rest his voice after performing in Melbourne's Festival Hall on Thursday night.
Ocean's representative confirmed the ailment.
Live Nation said because of Ocean's busy calendar, the R&B singer would not be able to reschedule the Australian dates. Ticket buyers can receive refunds from the point of purchase.
The 25-year-old singer was to perform Friday at Festival Hall and in Sydney on Monday and Tuesday.
Ocean won two Grammy Awards this year, including best urban contemporary album for "channel, ORANGE."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.