Ocean cancels Australian shows due to vocal tear
NEW YORK (AP) - Frank Ocean is canceling the rest of his Australian live shows because of a tear on his vocal cords.
Live Nation posted on its Facebook page early Friday that the Grammy winner was told by doctors to rest his voice after performing in Melbourne's Festival Hall on Thursday night.
Ocean's representative confirmed the ailment.
Live Nation said because of Ocean's busy calendar, the R&B singer would not be able to reschedule the Australian dates. Ticket buyers can receive refunds from the point of purchase.
The 25-year-old singer was to perform Friday at Festival Hall and in Sydney on Monday and Tuesday.
Ocean won two Grammy Awards this year, including best urban contemporary album for "channel, ORANGE."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.