Rapper Kat Dahlia arrested on DUI charges
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Rapper Kat Dahlia has been arrested on charges of DUI and resisting arrest without violence.
Dahlia, whose real name is Katriana Huguet, was arrested early Tuesday in Miami Beach. Jail records show she's being held on $2,000 bail. It's not immediately known if she has an attorney. Huguet turned 23 the day before her arrest.
The arrest affidavit reports that an officer spotted Huguet speeding with the headlights off and pulled her over. The officer noticed a strong smell of alcohol in the car and noted that Huguet had blood shot eyes and her speech was slurred. She refused to perform any sobriety tests and cursed at the officer.
Huguet, of Cuban descent, is known for mixing rhythms like hip hop, R&B and soul.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.