Judge finalizes divorce of Jack White, Karen Elson
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A Nashville judge has finalized the divorce between Jack White and British model and singer Karen Elson.
Court records show the final divorce agreement was signed by a judge on Nov. 26. The agreement names Elson as the primary residential parent for the couple's two children and White will get about 150 days with them.
White also retained rights to all his musical businesses, including The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, Dead Weather and his record label, Third Man Records. Karen Elson married White in 2005 in Nashville, but Elson filed for divorce last year.
Although the separation started off amicably, earlier this year Elson filed for a restraining order and accused White of threatening her, which White denied. A spokeswoman for White did not return email and telephone messages left Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.