Prison for man for burglary try at Kid Rock home
PONTIAC, Mich. (AP) - A man accused of trying to break into musician Kid Rock's suburban Detroit home has been sentenced to at least 46 months in prison.
Brian Keith's sentence Wednesday was enhanced because of his previous criminal record. He recently pleaded no contest to attempted home invasion, malicious destruction of a building and malicious destruction of personal property at Kid Rock's home.
Security cameras show a man ramming the gate at the Clarkston home on July 31. Kid Rock was away at the time.
The 43-year-old Keith apologized in court and blamed his behavior on bad choices and substance abuse. Defense attorney Douglas Oliver said Keith believed it was the home of someone who owed him money.
Kid Rock- born Robert Ritchie- didn't appear in Oakland County court.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.