Prison for man for burglary try at Kid Rock home
PONTIAC, Mich. (AP) - A man accused of trying to break into musician Kid Rock's suburban Detroit home has been sentenced to at least 46 months in prison.
Brian Keith's sentence Wednesday was enhanced because of his previous criminal record. He recently pleaded no contest to attempted home invasion, malicious destruction of a building and malicious destruction of personal property at Kid Rock's home.
Security cameras show a man ramming the gate at the Clarkston home on July 31. Kid Rock was away at the time.
The 43-year-old Keith apologized in court and blamed his behavior on bad choices and substance abuse. Defense attorney Douglas Oliver said Keith believed it was the home of someone who owed him money.
Kid Rock- born Robert Ritchie- didn't appear in Oakland County court.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.