NY judge: Kanye West likely to win Coinye lawsuit
NEW YORK (AP) - A New York judge says Kanye West's lawyers can do the research necessary to learn the identities of the creators of digital currency called Coinye West.
U.S. District Judge Analisa Torres on Thursday granted the "Gold Digger" rapper's lawyers the legal authority to learn who'll face a lawsuit saying the electronic currency was created to cash in on his fame.
The lawsuit was filed this week in Manhattan federal court and seeks unspecified damages.
The judge says there's a likelihood West will succeed with his claims. She says West's lawyers were told by Coinye West website operators they are anonymous and will keep it that way.
One of the websites targeted by the lawsuit put up a message after the lawsuit was filed saying: "COINYE IS DEAD. You win, Kanye."
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.