Updated Aug 22, 2013 - 1:21 pm
Kelly Clarkson cancels wedding, plans to elope
Singer Kelly Clarkson and her fiance Brandon Blackstock have canceled their plans to hold a wedding at their home in October.
The couple had already sent out a save-the-date for the October ceremony, but Clarkson told PEOPLE magazine Wednesday that she plans on eloping.
"We are so busy that we finally just came to terms the other night and were like, 'So, we change our minds and we want to elope.' We just got so overwhelmed by it - all the decisions."
The former "American Idol" winner said sent out an engagement photo of the couple that apologized for the cancellation and explained their intentions to elope. Clarkson, 31, said the wedding will only involve her, Blackstock, his two kids and a minister.
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.