Updated Aug 22, 2013 - 1:21 pm
Kelly Clarkson cancels wedding, plans to elope
Singer Kelly Clarkson and her fiance Brandon Blackstock have canceled their plans to hold a wedding at their home in October.
The couple had already sent out a save-the-date for the October ceremony, but Clarkson told PEOPLE magazine Wednesday that she plans on eloping.
"We are so busy that we finally just came to terms the other night and were like, 'So, we change our minds and we want to elope.' We just got so overwhelmed by it - all the decisions."
The former "American Idol" winner said sent out an engagement photo of the couple that apologized for the cancellation and explained their intentions to elope. Clarkson, 31, said the wedding will only involve her, Blackstock, his two kids and a minister.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.