Updated Aug 22, 2013 - 1:21 pm
Kelly Clarkson cancels wedding, plans to elope
Singer Kelly Clarkson and her fiance Brandon Blackstock have canceled their plans to hold a wedding at their home in October.
The couple had already sent out a save-the-date for the October ceremony, but Clarkson told PEOPLE magazine Wednesday that she plans on eloping.
"We are so busy that we finally just came to terms the other night and were like, 'So, we change our minds and we want to elope.' We just got so overwhelmed by it - all the decisions."
The former "American Idol" winner said sent out an engagement photo of the couple that apologized for the cancellation and explained their intentions to elope. Clarkson, 31, said the wedding will only involve her, Blackstock, his two kids and a minister.
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.