Updated Aug 22, 2013 - 1:21 pm
Kelly Clarkson cancels wedding, plans to elope
Singer Kelly Clarkson and her fiance Brandon Blackstock have canceled their plans to hold a wedding at their home in October.
The couple had already sent out a save-the-date for the October ceremony, but Clarkson told PEOPLE magazine Wednesday that she plans on eloping.
"We are so busy that we finally just came to terms the other night and were like, 'So, we change our minds and we want to elope.' We just got so overwhelmed by it - all the decisions."
The former "American Idol" winner said sent out an engagement photo of the couple that apologized for the cancellation and explained their intentions to elope. Clarkson, 31, said the wedding will only involve her, Blackstock, his two kids and a minister.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.