Nugent's wife arrested with gun at Texas airport
DALLAS (AP) - The wife of rock musician Ted Nugent has been arrested after a handgun was found in her carry-on luggage at an airport security checkpoint.
Police confirmed Friday that 51-year-old Shemane Ann Nugent was taken into custody at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
An incident report says Nugent told police she forgot the weapon was in her bag while trying to catch a flight Thursday to Fort Lauderdale, Fla. She told police she began carrying the handgun after receiving death threats. She's licensed to carry a concealed weapon.
She's been married to Ted Nugent since 1989. He's an outspoken supporter of gun rights.
The Dallas Morning News reports that through July of this year security personnel at the airport had found 57 guns in carry-on bags.
Information from: The Dallas Morning News, http://www.dallasnews.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.