Nugent's wife arrested with gun at Texas airport
DALLAS (AP) - The wife of rock musician Ted Nugent has been arrested after a handgun was found in her carry-on luggage at an airport security checkpoint.
Police confirmed Friday that 51-year-old Shemane Ann Nugent was taken into custody at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
An incident report says Nugent told police she forgot the weapon was in her bag while trying to catch a flight Thursday to Fort Lauderdale, Fla. She told police she began carrying the handgun after receiving death threats. She's licensed to carry a concealed weapon.
She's been married to Ted Nugent since 1989. He's an outspoken supporter of gun rights.
The Dallas Morning News reports that through July of this year security personnel at the airport had found 57 guns in carry-on bags.
Information from: The Dallas Morning News, http://www.dallasnews.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.