Nugent's wife arrested with gun at Texas airport
DALLAS (AP) - The wife of rock musician Ted Nugent has been arrested after a handgun was found in her carry-on luggage at an airport security checkpoint.
Police confirmed Friday that 51-year-old Shemane Ann Nugent was taken into custody at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
An incident report says Nugent told police she forgot the weapon was in her bag while trying to catch a flight Thursday to Fort Lauderdale, Fla. She told police she began carrying the handgun after receiving death threats. She's licensed to carry a concealed weapon.
She's been married to Ted Nugent since 1989. He's an outspoken supporter of gun rights.
The Dallas Morning News reports that through July of this year security personnel at the airport had found 57 guns in carry-on bags.
Information from: The Dallas Morning News, http://www.dallasnews.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.