Pa. police: Off-duty cop hit man who mooned bus
BURGETTSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - An off-duty police officer was charged with aggravated assault because police said he punched a man who allegedly exposed his buttocks after a Kid Rock concert.
Officers also plan to charge the man who allegedly mooned the busload of fans following Saturday's concert at First Niagara Pavilion, about 25 miles west of Pittsburgh, said acting Hanover Township police Chief Stan Henry.
Altoona police Officer Matthew Plummer exited the bus, in part, because he believed the other man had also thrown a bottle, police said in a criminal complaint. The other man denied that, but allegedly tried to punch Plummer before Plummer punched him in the mouth and knocked him to the ground, the complaint said.
Witnesses on the bus also didn't see the alleged victim throw a bottle, police said.
The AP could not immediately locate a phone number for Plummer, and online court records don't list an attorney for him. He faces a preliminary hearing Sept. 26.
Altoona police Chief Janice Freehling declined comment on Plummer's status with the department, saying it is a personnel issue. Plummer has worked for the Altoona police since 2009.
The expected disorderly conduct charge against the man who allegedly mooned the bus had not been filed by Tuesday afternoon.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona's Anu Solomon named National Freshman of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats receive votes in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Arizona coach Rodriguez praises 'unflappable' Anu Solomon
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?