Pa. police: Off-duty cop hit man who mooned bus
BURGETTSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - An off-duty police officer was charged with aggravated assault because police said he punched a man who allegedly exposed his buttocks after a Kid Rock concert.
Officers also plan to charge the man who allegedly mooned the busload of fans following Saturday's concert at First Niagara Pavilion, about 25 miles west of Pittsburgh, said acting Hanover Township police Chief Stan Henry.
Altoona police Officer Matthew Plummer exited the bus, in part, because he believed the other man had also thrown a bottle, police said in a criminal complaint. The other man denied that, but allegedly tried to punch Plummer before Plummer punched him in the mouth and knocked him to the ground, the complaint said.
Witnesses on the bus also didn't see the alleged victim throw a bottle, police said.
The AP could not immediately locate a phone number for Plummer, and online court records don't list an attorney for him. He faces a preliminary hearing Sept. 26.
Altoona police Chief Janice Freehling declined comment on Plummer's status with the department, saying it is a personnel issue. Plummer has worked for the Altoona police since 2009.
The expected disorderly conduct charge against the man who allegedly mooned the bus had not been filed by Tuesday afternoon.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.