Fitz and actress Kaylee DeFer have first child
NEW YORK (AP) - Kaylee DeFer and Fitz of Fitz and the Tantrums are the proud parents of a baby boy.
The lead singer of the rock band and the "Gossip Girl" actress welcomed Theodore Ignatius Fitzpatrick on Friday. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 13 ounces.
Fitz, whose real name is Michael Fitzpatrick, said the couple had a doula to help with the birth. He said DeFer was "amazing" in the delivery room.
Said Fitz: "I'm so proud of Kaylee ... she is the rock star in the family."
DeFer celebrated her 27th birthday on Monday.
Fitz, 43, has a few weeks at home with his new baby before his band kicks off a U.S. tour in Richmond, Va.
DeFer is working on a TV pilot.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.