Fitz and actress Kaylee DeFer have first child
NEW YORK (AP) - Kaylee DeFer and Fitz of Fitz and the Tantrums are the proud parents of a baby boy.
The lead singer of the rock band and the "Gossip Girl" actress welcomed Theodore Ignatius Fitzpatrick on Friday. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 13 ounces.
Fitz, whose real name is Michael Fitzpatrick, said the couple had a doula to help with the birth. He said DeFer was "amazing" in the delivery room.
Said Fitz: "I'm so proud of Kaylee ... she is the rock star in the family."
DeFer celebrated her 27th birthday on Monday.
Fitz, 43, has a few weeks at home with his new baby before his band kicks off a U.S. tour in Richmond, Va.
DeFer is working on a TV pilot.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.