Fitz and actress Kaylee DeFer have first child
NEW YORK (AP) - Kaylee DeFer and Fitz of Fitz and the Tantrums are the proud parents of a baby boy.
The lead singer of the rock band and the "Gossip Girl" actress welcomed Theodore Ignatius Fitzpatrick on Friday. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 13 ounces.
Fitz, whose real name is Michael Fitzpatrick, said the couple had a doula to help with the birth. He said DeFer was "amazing" in the delivery room.
Said Fitz: "I'm so proud of Kaylee ... she is the rock star in the family."
DeFer celebrated her 27th birthday on Monday.
Fitz, 43, has a few weeks at home with his new baby before his band kicks off a U.S. tour in Richmond, Va.
DeFer is working on a TV pilot.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.