Fitz and actress Kaylee DeFer have first child
NEW YORK (AP) - Kaylee DeFer and Fitz of Fitz and the Tantrums are the proud parents of a baby boy.
The lead singer of the rock band and the "Gossip Girl" actress welcomed Theodore Ignatius Fitzpatrick on Friday. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 13 ounces.
Fitz, whose real name is Michael Fitzpatrick, said the couple had a doula to help with the birth. He said DeFer was "amazing" in the delivery room.
Said Fitz: "I'm so proud of Kaylee ... she is the rock star in the family."
DeFer celebrated her 27th birthday on Monday.
Fitz, 43, has a few weeks at home with his new baby before his band kicks off a U.S. tour in Richmond, Va.
DeFer is working on a TV pilot.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.