UK art gallery to show Bob Dylan's iron gates
LONDON (AP) - It turns out folk hero Bob Dylan is something of a metalhead.
A London art gallery is organizing an exhibition featuring iron gates made by the musician, reflecting his "lifelong fascination with welding and metalwork."
The Halcyon Gallery said Tuesday that the "Mood Swings" show includes seven iron gates welded by Dylan out of vintage iron and other metal parts, including a wrench, a roller skate, a meat grinder and lawn tools.
Minnesota-born Dylan said: "I was born and raised in iron ore country- where you could breathe it and smell it every day. And I've always worked with it in one form or another."
Dylan's visual art has been exhibited around the world since 2006.
The London exhibition, which also includes paintings and silkscreen works, opens Nov. 16.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.