UK art gallery to show Bob Dylan's iron gates
LONDON (AP) - It turns out folk hero Bob Dylan is something of a metalhead.
A London art gallery is organizing an exhibition featuring iron gates made by the musician, reflecting his "lifelong fascination with welding and metalwork."
The Halcyon Gallery said Tuesday that the "Mood Swings" show includes seven iron gates welded by Dylan out of vintage iron and other metal parts, including a wrench, a roller skate, a meat grinder and lawn tools.
Minnesota-born Dylan said: "I was born and raised in iron ore country- where you could breathe it and smell it every day. And I've always worked with it in one form or another."
Dylan's visual art has been exhibited around the world since 2006.
The London exhibition, which also includes paintings and silkscreen works, opens Nov. 16.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.