Updated Sep 26, 2013 - 10:31 am
High school students' lip dub makes Katy Perry 'Roar'
At Lakewood High School in Colorado, it's not only the cheerleaders and jocks who have school spirit, the whole school does!
The pop star recently announced a contest to promote her latest single "Roar," and 2,000 Tigers gave it their all in this epic lip-dub performance. They shot it in one consecutive take -- it certainly made the principal happy.
Step aside, Spielberg.
The contest is simple: Send in a two-minute video of you and your classmates performing "Roar" for a chance to have Perry take over your school with a live performance, and other totally awesome perks.
They must have done something right, Perry showed her support by tweeting out the video on Wednesday.
Maybe it's because the class president said if their school wins, they want Perry to perform at Coors Field (not their school) and give all proceeds to Colorado flood victims.
Now that's good politics!
Oh my GAWD. Now this is what I call school SPIRIT: http://t.co/tNBl211XLl I hear you roaring LAKEWOOD HIGH! 🐯— Katy Perry (@katyperry) September 25, 2013
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.