Updated Sep 26, 2013 - 10:31 am
High school students' lip dub makes Katy Perry 'Roar'
At Lakewood High School in Colorado, it's not only the cheerleaders and jocks who have school spirit, the whole school does!
The pop star recently announced a contest to promote her latest single "Roar," and 2,000 Tigers gave it their all in this epic lip-dub performance. They shot it in one consecutive take -- it certainly made the principal happy.
Step aside, Spielberg.
The contest is simple: Send in a two-minute video of you and your classmates performing "Roar" for a chance to have Perry take over your school with a live performance, and other totally awesome perks.
They must have done something right, Perry showed her support by tweeting out the video on Wednesday.
Maybe it's because the class president said if their school wins, they want Perry to perform at Coors Field (not their school) and give all proceeds to Colorado flood victims.
Now that's good politics!
Oh my GAWD. Now this is what I call school SPIRIT: http://t.co/tNBl211XLl I hear you roaring LAKEWOOD HIGH! 🐯— Katy Perry (@katyperry) September 25, 2013
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.