Jackson jury ends deliberations until Tuesday
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A jury deciding a negligence lawsuit filed against a concert promoter after the death of Michael Jackson has recessed for a long weekend without reaching a verdict.
The panel will resume talks Tuesday.
The six women and six men spent five hours deliberating on Friday and two hours Thursday.
The suit filed by Jackson's mother claims AEG Live LLC was negligent in hiring Dr. Conrad Murray, who was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter after giving the singer an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.
The jury has asked to see a contract drafted by AEG Live for Murray's services and the video "This Is It," a documentary based on rehearsals for Jackson's comeback shows.
A lawyer for AEG had suggested they watch the film to see that Jackson was in fine form until shortly before his death.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.