Jackson jury ends deliberations until Tuesday
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A jury deciding a negligence lawsuit filed against a concert promoter after the death of Michael Jackson has recessed for a long weekend without reaching a verdict.
The panel will resume talks Tuesday.
The six women and six men spent five hours deliberating on Friday and two hours Thursday.
The suit filed by Jackson's mother claims AEG Live LLC was negligent in hiring Dr. Conrad Murray, who was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter after giving the singer an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.
The jury has asked to see a contract drafted by AEG Live for Murray's services and the video "This Is It," a documentary based on rehearsals for Jackson's comeback shows.
A lawyer for AEG had suggested they watch the film to see that Jackson was in fine form until shortly before his death.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.