Updated Oct 3, 2013 - 4:33 pm
Robin Thicke on VMA performance: 'Let's make them talk'
He sat down with Vanity Fair the day after the MTV VMAs and discussed his infamous performance with Miley Cyrus and addressed cheating rumors, reports Us Weekly.
"Everybody knows who I am now because I let Miley Cyrus twerk in front of me on the MTV awards," he said.
"I spent my whole career playing it safe, being a gentleman, never doing anything controversial."
Thicke continued by explaining the VMA producers told him before the performance that Cyrus was going to "take her clothes off and dance around."
"Let's give them something they're not ready for, let's make them talk," he said.
And making them talk, he did. It's been over a month and we are still talking.
The 36-year-old singer also addresses recent rumors that he cheated on Paula Patton, his wife of eight years.
"Seventy-five percent of my songs are about how much I love my wife and how much I need her," he said. "We've been married for eight years, and together since we were 16. We're very lucky to have the greatest friendship; we're John and Yoko -- whatever that is -- that's who she is to me."
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.