Updated Oct 3, 2013 - 4:33 pm
Robin Thicke on VMA performance: 'Let's make them talk'
He sat down with Vanity Fair the day after the MTV VMAs and discussed his infamous performance with Miley Cyrus and addressed cheating rumors, reports Us Weekly.
"Everybody knows who I am now because I let Miley Cyrus twerk in front of me on the MTV awards," he said.
"I spent my whole career playing it safe, being a gentleman, never doing anything controversial."
Thicke continued by explaining the VMA producers told him before the performance that Cyrus was going to "take her clothes off and dance around."
"Let's give them something they're not ready for, let's make them talk," he said.
And making them talk, he did. It's been over a month and we are still talking.
The 36-year-old singer also addresses recent rumors that he cheated on Paula Patton, his wife of eight years.
"Seventy-five percent of my songs are about how much I love my wife and how much I need her," he said. "We've been married for eight years, and together since we were 16. We're very lucky to have the greatest friendship; we're John and Yoko -- whatever that is -- that's who she is to me."
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.