Jermaine Dupri joins Carey's management team
NEW YORK (AP) - Music producer Jermaine Dupri is joining Mariah Carey's management team.
A representative for Carey confirmed the news Monday. They have collaborated on hits like "Always Be My Baby," "Don't Forget About Us" and "We Belong Together," which was named song of the decade and is one of the most popular songs of all time.
Carey said in a statement that she and Dupri "have a bond that surpasses music."
The singer is recording a new album called "The Art of Letting Go." The first single, the Miguel-featured "(hash)Beautiful," was released in May and peaked at No. 15.
Dupri has written and produced for Usher, Monica and Destiny's Child. He has had success with acts like Kris Kross, Xscape, Bow Wow and Jagged Edge on his So So Def label.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.