Jermaine Dupri joins Carey's management team
NEW YORK (AP) - Music producer Jermaine Dupri is joining Mariah Carey's management team.
A representative for Carey confirmed the news Monday. They have collaborated on hits like "Always Be My Baby," "Don't Forget About Us" and "We Belong Together," which was named song of the decade and is one of the most popular songs of all time.
Carey said in a statement that she and Dupri "have a bond that surpasses music."
The singer is recording a new album called "The Art of Letting Go." The first single, the Miguel-featured "(hash)Beautiful," was released in May and peaked at No. 15.
Dupri has written and produced for Usher, Monica and Destiny's Child. He has had success with acts like Kris Kross, Xscape, Bow Wow and Jagged Edge on his So So Def label.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.