Updated Oct 10, 2013 - 11:01 am
Robin Thicke talks to Oprah about Miley Cyrus incident
Singer Robin Thicke is speaking out about being a victim...of twerking.
Thicke, 36, spoke to Oprah on the set of her talk show "Oprah's Next Chapter" about the twerk-tastic incident with Miley Cyrus, 20, at the MTV Video Music Awards back in August, and he alleges that he was the "twerkee."
"I'm twerked upon. I don't twerk myself, okay? I'm just twerked upon," The Hollywood Gossip reports.
Thicke went on to tell Oprah that Cyrus' twerking was not something he was expecting, despite the fact they had rehearsed the performance before the show.
I was on stage. I didn't see it. So to me, I'm walking out towards Miley [and] I'm not thinking sex … I'm thinking fun, you know? I mean her and I don't have that kind of ... You have to remember, I'm singing my butt off. I'm sitting there. I'm looking up at the sky.
The twerking performance sent Cyrus' popularity soaring, for better or worse, but left Thicke, a married man and a father, with much criticism.
The twerking incident also did not help Thicke when this photo of him and a female fan at a VMA afterparty was discovered.
Oprah's interview with Thicke is set to air on Sunday.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.