Will.i.am on producing for Spears, Gaga and Cyrus
NEW YORK (AP) - Will.i.am says his heart is connected to Britney Spears' upcoming album.
He's the executive producer of the pop star's untitled eighth album, to be released Dec. 3.
"This Britney record is like a piece of me, no pun intended!" will.i.am said, referring to Spears' 2007 single, "Piece of Me."
"I appreciate Britney- how she is as a person, all that she's accomplished, how down to Earth and humble she is, sweet, but at the same time fierce. She don't play. She wants to win."
Spears' will.i.am-produced first single, "Work B--tch," is currently No. 13 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. They recently collaborated on the hit "Scream & Shout."
"It's really fresh. I'm really passionate about this Britney record," he added in an interview Thursday. "I'm a music-aholic, so when it comes to ... my appreciation for people's passions, and when I collaborate or contribute or consult ... I can't separate myself."
The Black Eyed Peas leader also called the song he's producing for Lady Gaga "fresh." He was tight-lipped about the singer and her "ARTPOP" album, to be released Nov. 11.
"It's really good. Really good," he said of her new music. "I loved Lady Gaga even before I worked with her, and I love her even more now."
Will.i.am- who has produced for Justin Timberlake, John Legend, Nas and Usher- also produced the song "Do My Thang" for Miley Cyrus' album "Bangerz," which was released this week.
"It was fun doing that song with her," he said before singing some of the song's lyrics. "I love the whole freakin' thing."
Follow Mesfin Fekadu at http://twitter.com/MusicMesfin
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.