Will.i.am on producing for Spears, Gaga and Cyrus
NEW YORK (AP) - Will.i.am says his heart is connected to Britney Spears' upcoming album.
He's the executive producer of the pop star's untitled eighth album, to be released Dec. 3.
"This Britney record is like a piece of me, no pun intended!" will.i.am said, referring to Spears' 2007 single, "Piece of Me."
"I appreciate Britney- how she is as a person, all that she's accomplished, how down to Earth and humble she is, sweet, but at the same time fierce. She don't play. She wants to win."
Spears' will.i.am-produced first single, "Work B--tch," is currently No. 13 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. They recently collaborated on the hit "Scream & Shout."
"It's really fresh. I'm really passionate about this Britney record," he added in an interview Thursday. "I'm a music-aholic, so when it comes to ... my appreciation for people's passions, and when I collaborate or contribute or consult ... I can't separate myself."
The Black Eyed Peas leader also called the song he's producing for Lady Gaga "fresh." He was tight-lipped about the singer and her "ARTPOP" album, to be released Nov. 11.
"It's really good. Really good," he said of her new music. "I loved Lady Gaga even before I worked with her, and I love her even more now."
Will.i.am- who has produced for Justin Timberlake, John Legend, Nas and Usher- also produced the song "Do My Thang" for Miley Cyrus' album "Bangerz," which was released this week.
"It was fun doing that song with her," he said before singing some of the song's lyrics. "I love the whole freakin' thing."
Follow Mesfin Fekadu at http://twitter.com/MusicMesfin
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.