Arizona to honor Tedy Bruschi Saturday
The school will honor Bruschi, along with his wife and their three sons, Saturday during halftime of Arizona's game vs. Utah. Bruschi's No. 68 jersey will also be retired by the time as a part of the ceremony.
Bruschi recorded an NCAA record 52 sacks during his career at Arizona. He was twice an All-American, in 1994 and 1995, with the latter decision being a unanimous one.
In 1995, Bruschi garnered Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year honors and his college career was highlighted by 74 tackles for a loss -- sixth-most in FBS history -- and three all-conference recognitions.
The linebacker spent 13 years with the New England Patriots, spanning his entire career, becoming a Pro Bowler and a three-time Super Bowl champion.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.