Katy Perry gives gift to Verrado High student, Lakewood wins contest
But it was one Valley student who really won big.
Lakewood beat four other finalists, among them was Verrado High School in Buckeye, Ariz.
Verrado High submitted a 2-minute video that told a story of Megan, a student with Down syndrome, whose friends helped her make the cheerleading team.
Perry was seemingly moved by Verrado's message and wants to fly Megan and her friends out to be her date at a special event.
"I just want to celebrate her and hear her roar in person," she said. "Megan, thank you so much. I love you. I love your spirit. You have really inspired me."
Lakewood High School submission:
Verrado High School submission:
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.