Singer Mahone treated for blood clot, cancels tour
NEW YORK (AP) - Teen singer Austin Mahone has postponed his tour and is being treated for a blood clot in his throat.
A representative for the 17-year-old said in a statement Friday that Mahone was admitted to the hospital Thursday with a 104 temperature. The rep adds that he's dealing with "extreme inflammation in his throat as well as severe dehydration."
Mahone's U.S. tour was supposed to kick off this week but is being pushed to next year.
The singer, popular among teenage girls, has opened on the road for Taylor Swift. The music video for his single "What About Love" has close to 50 million views on YouTube.
Mahone won the artist to watch award at the MTV Video Music Awards this year. He will release his debut album next year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.