Updated Oct 24, 2013 - 11:57 am
Phoenix mayor names 'Jimmy Buffett Day' on Oct. 24
Fans will take over Cityscape in Downtown Phoenix for a pre-concert party celebrating the "Songs of the Century" tour at US Airways Center on Thursday.
"Mr. Buffett's songs have delighted generations of listeners," Stanton said in a statement. "He is celebrated as an American artist and the creator of idyllic state of mind known to Parrotheads everywhere as 'Margaritaville' -- where it's always 5 o'clock."
The city will close Central avenue downtown and turn it into an Ultimate Margarita Beach Party. The party kicks off at Noon, leading up to the concert at 8 p.m.
The event is free and includes food vendors and drink tents in the street. It's certainly no Jimmy Buffett party without 48,000 pounds of sand. Proceeds will benefit the 100 Club of Arizona.
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.