Updated Oct 24, 2013 - 11:57 am
Phoenix mayor names 'Jimmy Buffett Day' on Oct. 24
Fans will take over Cityscape in Downtown Phoenix for a pre-concert party celebrating the "Songs of the Century" tour at US Airways Center on Thursday.
"Mr. Buffett's songs have delighted generations of listeners," Stanton said in a statement. "He is celebrated as an American artist and the creator of idyllic state of mind known to Parrotheads everywhere as 'Margaritaville' -- where it's always 5 o'clock."
The city will close Central avenue downtown and turn it into an Ultimate Margarita Beach Party. The party kicks off at Noon, leading up to the concert at 8 p.m.
The event is free and includes food vendors and drink tents in the street. It's certainly no Jimmy Buffett party without 48,000 pounds of sand. Proceeds will benefit the 100 Club of Arizona.
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.