Updated Oct 24, 2013 - 11:57 am
Phoenix mayor names 'Jimmy Buffett Day' on Oct. 24
Fans will take over Cityscape in Downtown Phoenix for a pre-concert party celebrating the "Songs of the Century" tour at US Airways Center on Thursday.
"Mr. Buffett's songs have delighted generations of listeners," Stanton said in a statement. "He is celebrated as an American artist and the creator of idyllic state of mind known to Parrotheads everywhere as 'Margaritaville' -- where it's always 5 o'clock."
The city will close Central avenue downtown and turn it into an Ultimate Margarita Beach Party. The party kicks off at Noon, leading up to the concert at 8 p.m.
The event is free and includes food vendors and drink tents in the street. It's certainly no Jimmy Buffett party without 48,000 pounds of sand. Proceeds will benefit the 100 Club of Arizona.
- Arizona's Anu Solomon named National Freshman of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats receive votes in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Arizona coach Rodriguez praises 'unflappable' Anu Solomon
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?