UA QB B.J. Denker awarded Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week after career day
That's because Arizona quarterback was awarded the conference's top honor Monday, less than 24 hours after he amassed 457 yards of total offense in the Wildcats' 44-20 road victory over the Colorado Buffaloes.
On top of the hardware, the junior made a little history in the 24-point win. Denker's 457 yards of total offense was the sixth-most recorded by a player in a single game in program history. The first-year starter's 192 rushing yards were the most in a single game by a UA quarterback in school history.
Denker is the fourth Wildcat to earn one of the conference's weekly awards in 2013, joining Ka'Deem Carey (Offensive Player of the Week), safety Tra'Mayne Bondurant (Defensive Player of the Week) and kicker Jake Smith (Special Teams Player of the Week).
Arizona will look to extend a two-game win streak when he travels up to Cal Berkley to take on the Golden Bears on Nov. 2. Kickoff is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. MST.
- Arizona's Anu Solomon named National Freshman of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats receive votes in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Arizona coach Rodriguez praises 'unflappable' Anu Solomon
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?